James Ben Sandoval known as "Indian Jim" passed away on August 20, 2016 in Lake Havasu City, Arizona.
Jim was born in LaJunta, Colorado to Domingo and Lucy Sandoval on December 31,1939.
He grew up with a love of the ranch life working with horses and cattle. He joined the navy underage completed boot camp and received an honorable discharge.He later moved to California and found his passion of 56 years in roofing.
He taught many men, sons, and daughters and inspired them to work hard,be fair,take pride, and lead with your heart. He moved to Lake Havasu City, Arizona 47 years ago and found the love of his life Marlaine where they devoted the best part of their life to family.
Jim is survived by his wife Marlaine Sandoval, mother-in-law Elaine Henderson, his children Lori Kay Delapaz,James Jr. Sandoval,Joni Sequeira,June, James Domingo, Willie,and April Sandoval. grandchildren Daniella , Jeorge Jr. James Jr. Alfred,Andrew. Justin, Jessy, and Isabel.Ashley,Ka'el.Tatum,Kiera and Samuel James, Destry and Ryder. Drew, Kennedi,Collin,and Carinthia and 17 great grandchildren and 1 great great grand child. Also his Uncle Tony,AuntsJenny, Barbra,Gloria, and Margret. Jim is preceded in death by parents Domingo and Lucy Sandoval, Grandparents Dennis and Defina Whatley, Brothers John and Fred and Sisters Shirley and Hazel. Uncles Ernie, Joe,Willie,Aunts Dolores,Cecila, and Stella.
We celebrate your life by remembering to act from our hearts and wisdom of the Native American heritage:
1. The Earth is our Mother, care for her
2. Honor all your relations
3. Open all your heart and soul the Great Spirit
4. All life is sacred, treat all beings with respect
5. Take from the Earth what is needed and nothing more
6. Do what needs to be done for the good of all
7. Give constant thanks to the Great Spirit for each new day
8. Speak the truth: but only of the good of others
9. Follow the rhythms of nature rise and retire with the sun
Funeral services will be held at the Our Lady of the Lake Catholic Church on September 9, 2016 at 11:00 a.m.